Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I need a vacation

Okay so I really need a vacation... Having kids is really fun but boy is it alot of work. Babies putting permrods in the toilet ( luckily they don't know how to flush it yet). Landon telling you we never do anything fun. He likes how I look better in a picture taken 5 years ago!! ( my skin looks smoother he said). Why don't we have a house with a basketball court in it? And the list goes on and on.... Kole cracks me up though with his never ending questions. Who's going to cut his hair when I am dead? Does he really have to go into the temple because he is not getting married or going on a mission!!! ( Landon used to say he wasn't getting married either, but now he has 2 girlfriends). I just love when being a mom just ends up being harder than when I worked at the Salon for 10 hours a day 4-5 days a week. I guess when I did that I got paid alot but now with kids I just spend alot. Anyway I was watching Oprah's the Big Give the other night.. Its kindof my new thing to do on my eliptical (which I am trying to make my new best friend). Key word TRYING!!! It just brought tears to my eyes to see how little some people have. Working 2 jobs kids not getting Christmas. One present made those kids happy.. The one school did not have playground equipment or hoops on the basketball poles. How sad... And I thought to myself I am raising BRATS. Who never go without. But think they are so picked on. Every year at Christmas we always do a christmas (my mom and sisters ) atleast 3-4 people and a family.. It always makes you feel good to know that you are helping.. But it really made me think I need to help even more.. We have sooo much and are so blessed to have a beautiful home, nice cars and especially healthy kids.. Well this is a random post but I just needed to vent I guess.. I hope everyone had an Awesome Saint Patricks Day.. Kole was so excited that his dad didn't wear green.. (He got a great big pinch)!!!!

4 comments:

Tori said...

I wrote a long post but it wouldn't let me post it!! I love you, and you are so good at serving people around you...you are a great sister!!
Love ya

Leslie said...

You'll have to get Tyler to tell you the story of kole giving Tyler a pity invite to play max games. Kole is hilarious!

Tyler said...

such a pity invite!

jill d said...

Sometimes being a mom is so hard. You are such a good mom though. I too want to raise my kids to be grateful and realize how blessed we are. We all have so much.
I can't imagine Brian conforming and wearing green for St. Patrick's Day so I wasn't surprised about the big pinch!

P.S. I love the Big Give!